Acclaimed Chefs Yuu Shimano and Bryce Shuman are teaming up to bring a French-Japanese pop-up to debut at GG Tokyo from February 21 to February 23.
The pop-up will consist of a collaborative five-course tasting menu that showcases each chef’s expertise by infusing French fine dining techniques into Japanese cuisine to create a menu unlike any other.
The five-course tasting menu will be:
- Surf Clam, with yuba and yuzu (Chef Bryce)
- Hatchou Miso Marinated Foiegras Mousse, on mochi monaka with fig jam and tomato chips (Chef Yuu)
- White Fish Tempura, with potato spaghetti and dashi and turnip soup (Chef Yuu)
- Morel Custard, with morel mushrooms and Daikon Oden (Chef Bryce)
- Live-Fire Cooked Wagyu, with Japanese sansho pepper sauce and egg sabayon over rice with truffle (Chef Yuu)
- Matcha Ice Cream with orange
The experience is priced at $135 per person, with two seatings each night at 6 pm and 8:30 pm.
To accompany the courses, guests can imbibe in pairing GG Tokyo’s new cocktail menu or sake for an additional $65.
Reservations can be made via Tock.
Chef Yuu Shimano
Chef Yuu Shimano is a graduate of Tsuji Culinary Institute in both Osaka, Japan, and Lyon, France.
He worked in France at two Michelin-starred La Villa des Lys at the Hotel Majestic in Cannes and three-Michelin-starred Restaurant Guy Savoy in Paris before arriving in New York, where he held the title of Executive Chef at Michelin-recognized MIFUNE New York from 2017 to 2022.
This spring, he is opening Restaurant Yuu in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
Chef Bryce Shuman
Chef Bryce Shuman is the Executive Chef at Michelin-recognized Sweetbriar and the Executive Chef at its sister restaurant GG Tokyo.
He was named Food & Wine Magazine’s “Best New Chef” of 2015 and worked under Chef Daniel Humm at three-Michelin-starred Eleven Madison Park for six years, rising to Executive Sous Chef before opening Michelin-starred Betony, where he received a three-star review from The New York Times.